Select one of the frequently asked questions below to learn more about buying, selling, and renting real estate. If you have a question that is not being answered below, please let us know by contacting us here.
Questions about Renting:
What is the rental value of my house?
There is no set formula to determine the rental value of your home. The best way to get the answer to “How much rent can I get for my property?” is to talk with a listing agent about your specific property. We will do comps based on area, size, age, value, etc. for your home.
How long does it take to get my house leased?
Average days on market vary according to several factors:
- time of year
- price range
- cosmetic appeal
We will be happy to discuss current days on market with you. They are typically 30 to 45 days. We will give you a professional assessment of your home to let you know if anything needs to be done to rent it more quickly.
How will you market my property?
Our website, professional yard signs, local printed media, relationships with relocation companies, industry networking, large and small corporations and real estate agents all over the metro can all bring potential renters to you.
Will just anyone be touring my home?
We will personally show your home. We start the process of taking extra care of your property right from the start. We wouldn’t leave a key for a stranger to just walk into our own home and look around and we won’t do that to our property management home owners.
How do I know that the renters are qualified?
Because we focus on mid-to-high level homes, a lot of the lessees have been homeowners so there is a higher commitment to maintaining your property. One of the keys to success in this area is professional screening. We use a professional screening company to verify the information on the application. We screen applicants by:
- Securing a national credit report on each adult resident
- Checking with current and previous landlords and asking specific questions regarding payment history, number of tenants, status of pets, condition of the home, if there were complaints from neighbors, and if the landlord would rent to the applicant again.
- Reviewing their employment history
We believe we are able to give you the best price by maintaining a low overhead but without sacrificing exceptional service and professionalism. We also believe we can offer years of knowledge and expertise that will get your home rented for the highest rent possible along with the best quality renter. We know that every week your home sits vacant; it is money out of your pocket. We feel that we offer a great service package while offering the best rates possible.
Our years of experience in letting is of course a great benefit to our landlords and tenants.
What is the standard leasing services that you provide?
The management agent will act as the lynchpin between the owner of the property and the tenants who are renting it and are often responsible for:
- Advertising your property to potential tenants
- Sourcing suitable and reliable tenants for the property
- Accompanying potential tenants to view the property
- Obtaining references and conducting credit checks on potential tenants
- Providing you with information on the latest changes in Body Corporate rules
- Preparing the tenancy agreement
- Organizing and managing the collection of the tenant’s deposit
- Preparing the inventory and conducting a state of repair assessment on the property
- Checking in the tenant and agreeing the inventory and interim inspection list
- Collecting the rent from the tenant
- Transferring the rental income to your account and providing you with statements of account
- Managing and arranging any necessary repairs
- Inspecting the property periodically and feeding back any comments to you
- Providing tenants with notice at the end of the tenancy
- Conducting of out-going inspection, before refunding the damage deposit with the owner’s permission
- Re-letting the property as quickly as possible and minimizing any ‘down-time’.
- Dealing with legal aspects of the tenancy/property, including evictions, non-payment etc.
- Our fees compared to normal estate agents tariffs are extremely attractive and our service offering is exceptionally high due to the team being in the field of residential letting for many years.
- The rental collection process is streamlined due to quality accounting practices and rental collection software. Our years of experience in letting is of course a great benefit to our landlords and tenants.